Asphalt driveways are popular for many homeowners because they are durable and low maintenance. But what should a new asphalt driveway look like? Here are some suggestions to help you make sure you get the best possible result.
New Asphalt Driveway – What To Expect
What a new asphalt driveway should look like, maybe something you’re thinking about if you’re planning to get one installed. If you’re getting a new driveway, there are certain things to remember about its appearance.
- Asphalt tends to darken as it dries and hardens, so don’t panic if the shade of your pavement differs from the sample at the store.
- Asphalt pavement may have a different texture than what you’re used to seeing on roads and driveways. Because it often contains another aggregate, such as gravel.
- Your new driveway should be an even and smooth asphalt surface. Any bumps, divots, or waves will eventually show through and ruin the look of new asphalt driveways. So, it’s important to ensure it’s installed correctly from the beginning.
- Proper drainage installation is necessary, as water can pool on top of the asphalt surface and cause cracking and other asphalt driveway issues.
- After installation, the asphalt needs to be sealed. It will safeguard it from the elements and help it last longer.
- Additionally, if you live in an area with many trees, consider getting a sealant to protect against sap and other stains.
- Add some lines or stripes to your new asphalt driveway. It will help it look finished and give it some extra personality.
- New asphalt driveways normally smell like petroleum products for the first few weeks. It will eventually dissipate as the pavement cures.
In short, don’t be afraid of what your new asphalt driveway may look like when it’s first installed. Now that you know what to look for, go ahead and start shopping for the perfect asphalt driveway for your home.
What to Look for in Paving Contactor for a New Asphalt Driveway Installation
A good asphalt driveway will last many years with proper care and maintenance. But a poorly installed or poorly maintained asphalt driveway can develop cracks and potholes much sooner. That’s why it’s important to research before hiring a contractor to install your new driveway and to make sure you understand the maintenance requirements.
Choosing a reputable paving contractor is important when considering installing a new asphalt driveway. While there are many contractors to choose from, only some of them will provide the same level of quality or service. Here are some things to look for when choosing a paving contractor for your new driveway:
When choosing a contractor for your asphalt driveway, check reviews and ensure they have experience. To understand the quality of service, you may anticipate, examine online reviews and ask for recommendations from prior clients.
To compare costs, request several estimates from potential contractors. Don’t, however, merely go with the lowest option. Consider the quality of the work and the materials used.
Pick a contractor who offers a warranty on their work. If there are any issues with the installation of your new driveway, it will protect you.
Always enquire about the resources your contractor plans to use for your new driveway. You’ll want to be sure they’re using top-notch asphalt and other materials.
Ask your contractor about the installation process before they begin so you are both on the same page. Some companies require that a homeowner is present during installation, while others do not.
The contractor you select should be able to work on your schedule so that you won’t have to take time off from work or put your daily routine on hold.
Select a contractor with whom you can easily communicate and who is responsive to any questions or concerns you may have. You should feel at ease speaking with them throughout the entire process.
A written agreement will safeguard you if there are any miscommunications or issues with your new driveway project.
These are just a few things to consider when choosing a paving contractor for your new driveway. By doing your research, you can be sure that you are choosing a reputable contractor that will provide you with a high-quality driveway.
Working with Professionals in the Asphalt Paving
Premier Asphalt is a family-owned and operated business based in Naperville, Illinois, with over 45 years of paving experience in the industry. We specialize in commercial and residential paving, sealcoating, concrete work, snow removal, and more. No job is too big or small for us!
Premier Asphalt prides ourselves on our customer service and workmanship. We are dedicated to providing our clients with the best possible experience from start to finish. We will work with you to determine your needs and budget and create a custom solution that meets your unique requirements.
If you are looking for a reliable paving contractor that you can trust, look no further than Premier Asphalt. Contact us today to schedule a free consultation!